No More Geysers (NMG) is a sprinkler riser with an internal shut-off valve. When a sprinkler head breaks off, NMG automatically shuts off the water at the break. NMG stops the “lawn geysers” we have all seen; so it conserves water by avoiding water loss when a sprinkler head gets broken off, and it lowers the risk of property damage and liability caused by water flowing out of the sprinkler system.
How It Works
- The NMG valve is a check valve which installs directly into the water supply line, with a retaining pin which is held in place by the sprinkler head.
- When the sprinkler head moves, the retaining pin moves out of the way, and the water pressure causes the ball to seat in the valve fitting – stopping the flow of water through the riser.
- Standard 1/2" thread
- Standard 6" Adjustable Riser w/ 1/2" thread
- Tested to 80 PSI
Easy to Install!
- Simple retrofit – no big holes to dig, just remove existing sprinkler head and riser and screw in the NMG valve and riser, then re-install your sprinkler head and turn the system back on.
- The NMG fits directly below the sprinkler head and is as easy to install as changing a light bulb.
- The length of each NMG is fully adjustable to accommodate the depth of any existing sprinkler system.
- The riser and retaining pin are marked with corresponding cut-marks, making any depth adjustment easy to accomplish.
Verified Water Conservation Results
Independent third-party testing found that:
- NMG saves 9.5 gallons per minute, or 95 gallons for every ten-minute watering cycle.
- The presence of the NMG units in the system causes a minor 0.1% increase in pressure loss.
Report on the Water Savings of NMG Automatic Shutoff Sprinkler Risers